1. Let your administrator, fellow teachers and parents know about your educational network.
2. When available, use school-supported networking tools.
3. Do not say or do anything that you would not say or do as a teacher in a classroom. (Remember that all online communications are stored and can be monitored.)
4. Have a clear statement of purpose and outcomes for the use of the networking tool.
5. Establish a code of conduct for all network participants.
6. Do not post images that include students without parental release forms on file.
7. Pay close attention to the site’s security settings and allow only approved participants access to the site.
Source: Dysart Unified School District, Arizona