Aerohive Networks®, the leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-enabled enterprise networking, today announced it has expanded its cloud networking solutions to include the new SR-series switches, HiveManager® 6.0 network management system, and HiveOS® 6.0 network operating system. The new SR-series access switches combine cloud-management, on-demand provisioning and secure branch routing to reduce the complexity of today’s “mobile first” enterprise.
HiveManager and HiveOS 6.0 add a new customizable analytics dashboard and user-based application visibility and control to Aerohive’s industry leading policy enforcement capabilities. This upgrade leapfrogs traditional networking solutions and allows organizations to fine-tune mobile device security and manageability.
These new SR-series switches, combined with Aerohive’s cloud-managed, cooperative APs, and the new HiveManager and HiveOS 6.0 create a complete, unified access solution for the “mobile first” enterprise.
- Legacy access networks were not designed to deal with the complexities of today’s “mobile first” enterprise. The mobile device explosion has added a significant operational burden to already over extended IT departments. While an overlay WLAN can be used to reduce and “rightsize” the switch port count, it does not provide the operational advantages of a unified access layer solution.
- In response to the growing “mobile first” enterprise trend, Aerohive is expanding its cloud networking portfolio to create a unified access layer solution. The SR-series access switches combined with Aerohive’s access points and branch routers, delivers a unified access layer solution to greatly simplify network management and provisioning. When deployed together, the enterprise-class switches allow IT administrators to manage the access network as a single entity and provide granular visibility into who and what is on the network.
- HiveManager and HiveOS 6.0 deliver granular visibility and control of almost 1000 different applications. This enables organizations to see what applications are in use and prioritize application and network access based on user context such as user identity, device type, location and time of day. Specifically, administrators can match applications with individual users, or user groups (guest, BYOD, employee, etc.), and in just a few clicks modify policies to block, limit or prioritize that particular application.
- According to Gartner, “The number of switching ports being deployed at the edge of the network is decreasing as enterprises rightsize their infrastructure, and growing mobility requirements are changing the way that enterprises look at the edge of the network. In a recent Gartner survey, 76% of enterprises noted that a single IT resource was being used to manage these changes.” According to a report by Gartner analysts Tim Zimmerman and Mark Fabbi, “As a result of these changes, Gartner is seeing the emergence of a unified access layer that provides wired and wireless connectivity. It must also provide consolidation of network tools while reducing the complexity and costs of the network application services needed to provision, manage, authenticate and even locate end users across one or multiple enterprise facilities.”*
*Gartner, Inc., A Unified Access Layer Forces Changes to Infrastructure Thinking at the Edge of the Network 20 March 2012.
Features and Benefits
- SR-Series Access Switches
- Enterprise Gigabit switching platform with advanced features including user-based QoS, storm control and 802.1X multiple authentication for voice and data coexistence
- Accelerates branch consolidation efforts by integrating secure branch routing, 3G/4G connectivity and advanced switching to provide an all-in-one solution for branch offices.
- 24-, 48- port models plus 8-, 24-, and 48-port high-power POE included
- Customizable Dashboards for Complete Network Visibility and Control
- Sophisticated context-based analytics provide views by device types, top users, user groups and locations by data usage, as well as troubleshooting information across both wired and wireless devices.
- Application Traffic Shaping Based on User and Device Context
- HiveOS 6.0 enhances Aerohive’s robust traffic shaping capabilities to include almost 1000 Layer 7 applications.
- Policy Enforcement Based on User and Device Context
- HiveOS 6.0 adds application firewall capabilities supporting the ability to block or permit access to over 1000 applications based on user context – identity, device type, location and time.
Pricing and Availability
“Security and visibility are mission critical factors for healthcare organizations handling sensitive data on a day-to-day basis,” said Rodney Dukes, network architect, IASIS Healthcare. “Aerohive’s new enterprise-class switches and centralized network management provide visibility and control over who and what is connected to our networks at all times. With Aerohive’s cloud-enabled solution, we now have granular mobile device security and control that ensures our branch networks are running smoothly and securely 24/7.”
“Today, managing the surge in enterprise mobility has become the primary concern for organizations evaluating how their users connect to the corporate network,” said David Flynn, CEO, Aerohive “Our new SR series switches along with our APs, branch routers and cloud management allow our customers to build an access layer solution that is optimized for the mobile centric enterprises of the 21st century.”
About Aerohive Networks
People want to work anywhere; on any device, and IT needs to enable them -- without drowning in complexity or compromising on security, performance, reliability or cost. Aerohive's mission is to Simpli-Fi these enterprise access networks with a cloud-enabled, self-organizing, service-aware, identity-based infrastructure that includes innovative Wi-Fi, VPN, branch routing and switching solutions.
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Northern Light Venture Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Inc. (NEA) and Institutional Venture Partners (IVP). For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.