Damian Creamer, Founder and CEO of FlipSwitch, recently participated in a special advocacy trip to Washington, DC, hosted by the Internet Marketing Association (IMA) to advocate for innovation in technology-based education. The visit offered an exclusive opportunity for an intimate delegation to participate in a series of seminars and meetings with key decision makers.
The group also traveled to the Hill for meetings with key members of Congress with influence on matters related to the Internet, Internet marketing, social media policies, cyber security and related issues. In addition, the agenda included discussion on ways that IMA can help drive forward policies in these areas.
"We were honored to participate in such a unique forum for the sharing of ideas and perspectives in vital areas of policy that affect our lives every day," said Creamer. "Education is undeniably one of the most important and timely issues we face. And we expressed our strong belief that the innovative use of technology is fundamental to achieving the levels of student success needed for a competitive stance in the world."
Featured participants and speakers included:
- Congressman Bob Latta, Vice Chairman, Communications and Technology Subcommittee
- Congressman Adam Schiff, Member, House Appropriations Committee and Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Brett DeWitt, Senior Policy Advisor to Mike McCaul, Chairman, Homeland Security Committee
- Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez, Member, Homeland Security Committee
- Congressman Buck McKeon, Chairman, Armed Services Committee
- Congressman John Campbell, California
- Congressman Kevin McCarthy, California
- Senator, Barbara Boxer, California
- Alex Silbey, President, ATS Communications
- Joyce McAllister, USMC/USN Liaison, USA, Meggitt
- Lisbeth Lyons, Vice President, Government Affairs, Printing Industries of America
- Julie Shaffer, Vice President, Digital Technologies, Printing Industries of America
IMA is one of the fastest growing professional organizations in the world and encompasses a wide spectrum of professionals in sales, marketing, business ownership, programming, creative development, and related fields.
For more information about the FlipSwitch online education solution, visit www.flipswitch.com.
FlipSwitch is an integrated online education system comprising four robust modules: a student information system, a parent-student portal, a learning management system and an online curriculum of more than 125 courses. Each module is a cutting-edge technology, and they are designed to work together seamlessly. This approach gives administrators, teachers, students and parents the ability to easily access, navigate and manage their daily activities. FlipSwitch is also cloud-based to reduce risk, facilitate access and eliminate customization costs. www.flipswitch.com