Global education advocates, policymakers and teachers will join Promethean and Cisco for a live, debate – held virtually via Cisco TelePresence Systems and Social Media Channels – about creating new policies and practices to improve quality and access to education.
The debate question, which guest speakers Andreas Schleicher of OECD and Carol Bellamy of the Global Partnership for Education will address, is: Can we achieve both access and quality in education?
Today: Wednesday, 17 July 2013
13:30 p.m. BST
Online and in select cities with Cisco TelePresence centers.
The debate will be broadcast live at: www.PrometheanPlanet.com/EFF. Questions should be sent via Twitter using hashtag: #EFF7.
Andreas Schleicher is Deputy Director for Education and Skills, and Special Advisor on Education Policy to the OECD’s Secretary-General. He provides strategic oversight over OECD’s work on the development and utilization of skills and their social and economic outcomes, including the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA). During #EFF7 he will address the following questions:
· How is PISA 2015 being positioned as a force for change to make education systems more relevant to today’s students?
· What can be learned from PISA results about the relevance of learning to success in employment and enterprise?
Carol Bellamy is the Chair of the Global Partnership for Education, the only multilateral partnership devoted to getting every child into school for a quality education. In this debate Carol will address the following questions:
· Where are the major problems with access and why do they persist?
· Which are the most critical underserved groups?
· How do we drive change to ensure we are still not dealing with this issue in 10 years time?
Journalists and bloggers are encouraged to follow the debate; observation seats are available in select locations. For further information contact Jodie Pozo-Olano at (540) 270-7819 or Jodie.Pozo-Olano@PrometheanWorld.com.