The families of four elementary students have filed a tort claim against the Boise School District saying their kids got sick from improperly installed carpet at Hidden Springs Elementary.
This is a story KTVB first covered earlier this year when parents said they thought their children got sick because of carpet glue that never dried, sending harmful fumes into the classrooms.
In Tuesday's filed tort claim, parents say the school district was warned of dangerous gasses coming from the carpet glue and didn't warn parents or fix the problem for years. They say moisture in the school’s’ concrete slab never allowed the glue to dry fully.
“Officials at BSD [Boise School District] were warned in November of 2011 that improperly install carpet and glue at the Hidden Springs Elementary School were out-gassing hazardous toxins...that are widely known to cause health problems,” the tort claim reads.