A rugged case is a must for kids. According to an article published on Billings Gazette, "About five percent of the iPads purchased for school students and staffers in Powell Wyoming have had to be repaired or replaced since they were introduced last year. Eighty-one iPads worth $40,192 were damaged. Of those, seven belonged to teachers and administrators and 74 were assigned to students. The most common problem was broken screens.”
In a recent survey conducted by iGear Unlimited, the company asked school technology directors to list the most wanted features of an iPad case for schools, here are the answers:
1. A rugged case that can protect the iPad from student’s daily use and abuse
2. Not too bulky – need to fit in the popular Bretford charging cart and kids' backpack
3. Built-in kick-stand that works in both vertical and horizontal orientations
4. Trackable – schools' asset ID need show as a trackable barcodes on each case
5. Customizable – print the school’s full color logo on each iPad case
6. Low cost – get the maximum amount of protection and features for the lease amount of money
An overwhelming majority voted iGear's Slim Tough Case G2 as their favorite because it's the only iPad case on the market that satisfies all these features.
The Slim Tough Case G2 offers multi-layer protection using a combination of (1) an outer soft rubber shell, (2) an inner polycarbonate hard case, and (3) a built-in screen protector. It features a slim profile that’s designed to fit the Bretford charging carts. A built-in stand offers a convenient way to stand the iPad in both orientations. This case is supremely shock absorbent and protects the iPad all around – front, back, sides, and corners. It’s designed to give the user easy access to all iPad functions, and fit in all charging carts including Bretford, Anthro, Datamation, and others.
In a recent YouTube video, the company’s Slim Tough Case was put through a 20-foot drop test from a second floor window to a driveway. The case successfully protected the iPhone without a scratch, while the phone was recording video the whole time. See the drop test video here.
“iGear’s Slim Tough Case G2 is the perfect iPad case for schools,” says Jimmy Sun, president of iGearUnlimited.com. “It offers excellent protection, can be custom branded with the school’s logo artwork, and fits in all popular charging carts.”