School Improvement Network, the leader in teacher effectiveness resources and training, released the results of the company’s latest national survey titled, “Top 5 things Parents Should Know to Ensure Student Success.”
Over 7,000 K-12 educators responded and revealed an overwhelming consensus of five essentials parents should know to ensure student success, placing particular emphasis on parents’ role in student achievement.
"Engaged parents are critical in a teacher's ability to impact student achievement," said Chet Linton, CEO and president of School Improvement Network. “As the national debate continues around student outcomes and evaluating teacher performance, this survey response from educators can be a call to action for parents to partner with them in their student’s success.”
The survey covered a wide range of topics with the top five responses as follows:
1. Be involved and aware of your child’s life and education
2. Know your child’s school schedule and help them establish home routines with time for homework, sleep and regular meals
3. Communicate with your child’s teachers
4. Know what is expected of your child at school, and let them know what is expected of them at home
5. Know the support and resources available to your child if they are struggling, and the resources your child needs from you to succeed
School Improvement Network regularly conducts surveys that help drive its vision of having 100 percent of students college and career ready. For more information, visit www.schoolimprovement.com.