The National Center for Education Statistics October 2013 First Look Report presents findings on the numbers and types of public elementary and secondary schools and local education agencies and public school student enrollment in the United States for school year 2011–12.
Did you know…
- In school year 2011-12, public elementary and secondary schools reported 49.5 million students in membership.
- There were 98,328 operating public elementary/secondary schools in the school year 2011–12, including:
- 1,517 new schools that opened for the first time.
- 88,663 schools responsible for instruction in the standard curriculum
- 2,087 schools focused primarily on special education services
- 1,434 vocational schools
- 6,144 alternative education schools
To view the full report, visit http://nces.ed.gov/pubs2013/2013441.pdf
To advertise, visit the DA media opportunities page