From conventional to greener school cleaning
One school district's guide to safety and sustainability
Columbia Schools shifted from 33 chemicals to 10 green products to clean their district schools. Here’s what they used to use, and what they’ve adopted today.
Bathrooms and Locker Rooms
- Old: Previously the district used 10 different cleaners from Hillyard—its Germicidal Bowl Cleaner, and Rejuvenal EPA Registered Disinfectant.
- Green: Now the district uses environmentally-safer products from EnvirOx, including EnvirOx Fresh Concentrate 118 EPA Registered Sanitizer and EnvirOx Green Certified Hard Water/Soap Scum Remover.
- Old: Hillyard Top Clean plus several other chemicals
- Green: EnvirOx Green Certified Neutral Floor Cleaner
- Old: Hillyard Top Clean plus several other chemicals for the floors. Bleach and water for the tables.
- Green: EnvirOx Green Certified Neutral Floor Cleaner for the floors. Soap and water for the tables.
- Old: Hillyard Spray Clean HD plus several other chemicals.
- Green: EnvirOx Fresh 118 EPA Registered Sanitizer. Tougher marks are removed with Mr. Clean pads.
- Old: Previously not cleaned daily.
- Green: EnvirOx Fresh 118 Concentrate