San Diego USD sets guidelines for master scheduling, including:
- Prioritizing English learners and students with IEPs to ensure on-time graduation
- Assigning teacher prep time to enable collaboration within departments or grade-level teams
- Ensuring the neediest students are taught by the most effective teachers
LINK TO MAIN ARTICLE: Strategies for mastering school schedules
- Expanding access to AP and IB courses
- Considering alternative bell schedules that let students complete more courses over the year, including credit recovery and intervention opportunities
Abby Spegman is a freelance writer based in Washington.