8th Annual EdmodoCon Connects Educators with Innovative Resources and Ideas from Around the Globe
(San Mateo, CA) August 1, 2018 —Edmodo (https://bit.ly/1eNlCpz), a global education network connecting educators with resources and leaders to reach their full potential, today announced its 8th Annual EdmodoCon (https://bit.ly/1fmD5e6) taking place on Aug. 7 and 8. The leading virtual professional development (PD) conference will feature two days of inspirational stories and strategies from four keynote speakers that will focus on best practices for improving and strengthening technology use in the classroom.
This year’s speakers include:
- Andreas Schleicher (https://bit.ly/2n2EAnG), Director for Education and Skills Initiatives at the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development;
- Shelley Goldman (https://stanford.io/2OxfBpg), Professor in the Stanford Graduate School of Education and Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs;
- Mehran Sahami (https://stanford.io/2AvPBHJ), Associate Chair for Education, Dept of Computer Science, Stanford University;
- Luis Pinto, Director of Global Business Development for Government at Udemy; and
- Inspiring educators from 10 countries.
Join thousands of your colleagues around the globe and be a part of the global PD conversation. To register for EdmodoCon 2018, visit www.edmodocon.com.
Currently, over 27,000 educators from over 155 countries are registered to attend either virtually or in person, marking it as one of the world’s largest education PD conferences. Presentations will be in English on the 1st day (Tuesday, Aug 7th), and in Spanish on the 2nd day (Wednesday, Aug 8th). The local community is welcome to join Edmodo in watching speakers in person in San Mateo, CA, asking questions, accessing speaker handouts and resources, along with interacting with educators from around the world.
“With Edmodo, teachers are set up for success with the right tools at the right time, all in one place,” said Vibhu Mittal, CEO of Edmodo. “This year’s conference is about empowering teachers and educators from all over the world with powerful resources to be knowledgeable and stay on top of current education topics. Education impacts everyone and for students to succeed, teachers need support, comprehensive coaching, and effective tools.”
Recently, Edmodo partnered with IBM (https://bit.ly/2Kmi6rW) to create tools that educators can use to address individualized student needs. Along with this, Edmodo is presenting a sneak preview of its new platform to be rolled out this fall, which includes:
- A new design and architecture built with user feedback that focuses on a more responsive experience while continuing the same, familiar interface;
- A time-saving daily feed with recommended resources powered by the world's largest education network using machine learning; and
- A revamped communication tool that gives teachers, students and parents the safest and simplest messaging service for education.
While celebrating the 8th annual EdmodoCon, the company is also commemorating their 10-year anniversary, celebrating the over 92 million teachers, students and parents across the world who have used Edmodo to give students a voice into their own learning, to increase equity and access to students in every community, to bring school communities closer together, to connect teachers to a powerful professional learning network, and to positively impact learning.
“EdmodoCon is more amazing than I can even put into words,” said 2017 speaker, Rachelle Dene Poth. “It gives people around the world the chance to connect with amazing learning opportunities and professional relationships. It shows everyone who participates what’s possible and how to effect change. ”
For more information on how to hear about the latest innovations and resources and how to be involved in EdmodoCon, visit Edmodo.com.
Edmodo is a global education network that helps connect all learners with the people and resources needed to reach their full potential. On the platform, educators are at the center of a dynamic and engaging network that connects them to fellow teachers, students, administrators, and parents. Founded in 2008 with more than 92 million users across 400,000+ schools worldwide, Edmodo was designed to protect the privacy of students and teachers by providing a secure platform in which they can connect and share resources. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif.