One of the highlights for many at FETC is the massive Expo Hall, and this year it’s back and bigger than ever.
With around 400 companies on hand to share their ed-tech tools and services, there is no shortage of information to gather—and plenty of swag being handed out for those who like to collect freebies.
The doors open at noon on Wednesday following the opening keynote. The Expo Hall Reception is Wednesday from 4-5:30 p.m. You’ll find a full schedule of Expo Hall hours and events here.
Here is a floor plan of the Expo Hall if you would like to put together your gameplan in advance, like a veteran Black Friday shopper. You can zoom in and click on each booth to get more information about the exhibitor.
Another highlight is the chance to win a trip to FETC 2023 in New Orleans, including registration, airfare and hotel. There will be three winners. To enter, visit one of our two prize booths (3753 or 4618) and have your badge scanned. Each booth visit will get you one entry. The prize will be awarded on Friday, Jan. 28, at 12:30 p.m. between booths 2435 and 2834. You must be present to win.
You’ll also have a chance at Newsela’s Meet the Authors experience area throughout the show to grab a beverage and meet with FETC’s top expert presenters at booth 654.
Another highlight is Vex Robotics’ field for attendees to see robotics first hand.
And don’t forget to recharge with a coffee break in the hall, Thursday at 10 and Friday at 9:30.
In addition to vendor booths, the Expo Hall includes five content-focused theaters that will host a variety of presentations throughout the conference:
- Information Technology Theater – Designed specifically for information technology leaders and professionals, this theater will host sessions focusing on LAN, WAN and wireless technologies; cybersecurity infrastructure best practices; G-Suite administration; and the leading technologies in monitoring, trending and forecasting.
- Technology Discovery Theater – This theater designed for entire education teams will showcase the newest technologies to support teaching, learning and administration. You’ll discover innovations in products and services that support and serve education with evolving instructional pedagogy whether teaching in person, online or in a blended learning environment.
- Thought Leadership Theater – District, state and school-level leaders will get timely, topical, practical content focused on policy, pedagogy, wellness and school management in sessions lead by nationally recognized district administrators. Whether working to create an environment to attract and retain excellent staff or designing and delivering an agile, future-proofed digital strategy, you will learn tactics to streamline staff workload, guide culture change, manage organizational shifts and encourage robust student engagement with the implementation of technology.
- Esports Theater – As evidenced by its exploding popularity in K-12, eSports is an effective way to improve student engagement, build school culture, and promote career and college readiness. These presentations and product demonstrations will provide guidance on player eligibility, equipment needs, team organization, paths to graduation and scholarship opportunities. You’ll learn how to engage students in healthy eSports competition, surrounded by peers, supervised by teachers with positive social emotional learning and digital citizenship outcomes.
- STEM Theater – Educational leaders and professionals will see hands-on demonstrations, a range of exhibitors and engaging products for schools to enhance their STEM programs. Learn how reimagining technology skill training can enable students to thrive and helps schools to connect business with education, breach the digital divide, amplify student voice, explore robotics and coding, and drive more relevant conversations about the future of education. This is also where the winners of the Top Ed Tech Products of the Year awards will present their products.
See the schedules for the five Expo theaters below.
While the FETC 2022 agenda is jam-packed with hundreds of informative sessions and workshops, there’s also plenty to learn in the Expo Hall. And make sure keep an eye open for open bars at some booths. Cheers!